April 10, 2008

Outside time ("Spring is more fun")


We had outside time today. The weather was perfect for some frolicking good times! First we went to the backyard and played with some bubbles. Benjamin is fascinated by the fact that they disappear when he touches them. He isn't quite confident in walking yet, so he tried to crawl after the ones that got caught in the wind - pretty humorous to watch him attempt to crawl with one hand outstretched to catch the bubbles :) The other humorous moment was when I had to communicate to him that he could not take off his shoes while we were outside. You can see his consternation in this photo.


We also explored the garden which is only populated by landscaping rocks right now. It seems the last few springs have gotten away from me in the gardening department. I think I have a few good excuses though :) Benjamin didn't seem to mind, as he was very interested in the different colored rocks. I had to keep reminding him, "No mouth, Benjamin." Haha - he's such a boy!


Another very boy thing Benjamin is already expressing is his love of cars and trucks. While we were in the front yard admiring our crab apple tree in full bloom he caught a glimpse of a truck parked across the street. Let me just say the flowers couldn't cut it after that. All he wanted to do was to get over to the truck. I love how persistent he is at times - that is, when he isn't defying me :) We also brought his little push walker out front so that he could walk up and down the sidewalk. The walker converts into a little car, and he won't touch it unless its in that configuration. Even though he has to bend over to push it!


Overall, it was a very fun outing...other than the fact that I now have watery eyes and a runny nose :) As long as the boy is happy, it's worth it.
(Thanks to Jenny James who took the pictures to commemorate the occasion!)

No comments: